The majority of Boat Trailers share the same undercarriage componentry with many other trailers with some exception that many components are either galvanized, anodized, alloy or stainless steel. As salt water boaties are aware rust is the biggest killer of the trailer structure (steel) and lack of service will play havoc with wheel bearings, brakes and suspension systems, Wheel bearings are by far are the most vulnerable working component of the boat trailer and as a rule are checked every 6 months on trailers used regularly. Unfortunately due to lack of wheel bearing maintenance many holidays are ruined due to their seizure.
Boat trailers over 2 tonne capacity also require “break away” independent brake system and this also requires maintenance to ensure it is operative in emergencies where the trailer disengages from the tow vehicle.
Our Services Include...
- Complete undercarriage Service that includes suspension, wheel bearings and seals, brakes, shock absorbers, axles, chassis examination, couplings, A frame and rims and tyres.
- Above Chassis line, we also check trailer wiring from the vehicle connector to the rear lights.
- Check and adjust hand brake if fitted.
- We can delete your older hydraulic or mechanical override braking systems and upgrade to electric controlled brakes that are becoming more common on larger Boat trailers.
- We also upgrade trailer lights from incandescent globe to LED low voltage fully sealed systems.
- We can install “Break Away “ Brake systems to Trailers exceeding 2 Tonne Gross.
- We also supply and install axillary boxes internally and externally
- We also supply and install Jerry can holders for additional water or fuel
- We can also assist with insurance claims should you have cause to claim or another party has damaged your Boat Trailer.